Job Title: Customer Director
Responsible to: Executive Director of Customer & Communities
- Contact Centre
- Emergency Response
- Customer Experience
- Customer Engagement
- Financial Inclusion
- Shared Ownership
- Commercial Properties
Summary of the job
As the Customer Director, you will be responsible for driving our customer experience strategy and delivering a step-change in the service experience of our customers.
You will play a key role in ensuring our customers receive exceptional services and that their voice shapes our thinking, planning and delivery.
You will be responsible for leading a range of functions including Customer Access and Customer Engagement as well as some of our Housing Services, ensuring key business objectives and targets are met.
The role requires a commitment to our business purpose, vision and values, exceptional leadership skills and a passion for delivering outstanding customer experience.
- Design and deliver a customer experience strategy in line with Magenta’s aspirations and corporate plan.
- Identify and support the introduction of digital technologies and innovative practices that deliver improvements for our customers and the business.
- Design and deliver business operating models in line with the customer experience strategy.
- Lead, inspire, and support multi-disciplinary teams to deliver excellent results for the customer and Magenta.
- Develop and sustain a strong colleague culture, in line with Magenta’s values.
- Optimise the potential of colleagues through development, supporting recruitment and talent management activities that strengthen the capability of the team and Magenta.
- Lead change management programmes and activities, ensuring a strong focus on colleague, customer and stakeholder engagement.
- Lead the development of systems, policies, processes and practices in line with the customer experience strategy, making our customer and colleague journeys as easy as possible.
- Promote collaborative working arrangements across the business and through partnership and supply chains to deliver great service experiences for customers.
- Work closely with colleagues to create a business environment focussed on data and insight about our customers and the communities that we serve.
- Identify and manage the resources required to meet all business targets & objectives, ensuring Value-for-Money and continuously seeking ways to improve margin and financial performance.
- Identify and support ways of increasing Magenta’s social impact.
- Ensure legal, statutory and regulatory requirements are met and that we strive to always adopt best practice where possible.
- Invest in continuing professional development activities, ensure that key skills and knowledge remain relevant and up to date.
- Support and deputise for the Executive Leadership Team as and when required.
- Represent the organisation at external meetings and events acting as a Magenta brand ambassador.
- Ability to take ownership for delivery of corporate strategy.
- The ability to influence and build constructive working relationships with internal stakeholders to develop a “one team” culture across the company.
- Ability to work collaboratively across professional boundaries and to make an effective contribution to matrix working initiatives.
- Ability to manage and contribute to the effective working of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Able to demonstrate personal flexibility and to instil that quality in team members to respond to a changing working environment and the need to support colleagues across the organisation.
- The ability to manage strategic relationships with key external partners and stakeholders.
- The ability to influence, mentor, coach, train and develop managers and staff to deliver service excellence with a “can-do” attitude.
- The ability to set and manage budgets effectively, ensuring efficient services and Value for Money for Magenta Living and its customers.
- Able to create an environment where teams are empowered to put customers first.
- Able to develop a knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework for housing.
- High level of communication skills including excellent report writing and presentation skills with the ability to translate strategy into effective operational messages that are understood at all levels.
- Embraces change with the ability to overcome resistance and promote a learning culture, committed to continuous improvement.
- The ability to develop and promote the business values of professional standards within a matrix framework.
- Excellent planning, negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to set own targets and goals and to motivate and inspire others to achieve, both within the team and throughout the organisation.
- Able to assess risk and make appropriate decisions, ensuring compliance with audit requirements, Financial Standing Orders and the Code of Conduct.
- Embraces diversity, actively contributing to the corporate E&D strategy and challenging negative behaviour.
Your personal attributes, including required qualifications and experience:
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role.
- Proven experience of leading a large, multi-disciplinary team in a customer service environment.
- Demonstrable experience of transforming the service experience of customers.
- Demonstrable experience of leading digital transformation in a customer service setting.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing business strategies, plans, policies, systems and processes.
- Demonstrable leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate colleagues and teams.
- A background in social housing is not important, but a commitment to the values of the sector is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with customers, colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to manage significant resources efficiently and effectively.
- IT literate in core Microsoft applications including Office 365, Teams, SharePoint, Viva Engage and One Drive.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Car owner / possession of a full driving licence.
- Work within Magenta’s Lone Worker Policy.